Friday, May 27, 2011

Braxton's MRI

Well things went well today.  I woke Braxton up at 2am for a feeding before his 3am deadline, he drank it all a fell right back to sleep.  Then at 6:30 I tried to give him the pedialyte but he didn't care for it at all.

We left for the hospital around 8:30 and checked in a little after 9.  I changed him into his gown, they took his vitals and weight, then asked a bunch of questions.  Then we had to go back out to the waiting room.  Matt stayed with us until around 10:30 when he left to go to Nathan's last day of school party.  We didn't want Nathan to miss out because of Braxton's MRI.  So around 10:45 our nurse called us back and we walked to the MRI area.  There the anesthesiologist and MRI Tech both came out to talk me and sign some papers.  The nurse came and took Braxton around 10:50, ten minutes before our scheduled appointment.


About an hour later the anethesiologist came and got me in the waiting room and brought me back to Braxton, he wasn't happy at all.  The was screaming because he was waking up from the anethesia and at the same time was starving.  They asked me if I had an extra bottle so they could give him pedialyte but I didn't because they didn't tell me I needed one.  Just had one bottle of formula, so for about 5 minutes he screamed while we waited for the anethesiologist to walk up stairs and grab one, you would think they would have one on the same floor but all the stuff in the drawer was for older kids, cookies, apple sauce, juice boxes, etc.  As soon as he go the bottle in his mouth he was happy.  The nurse just took his vitals again, had me get his clothes back on, removed the IV, and gave me discharge instructions.

Sleeping on Daddy in the waiting room

The nurse said that our PO should receive the results in about 5 business days so since Monday is a holiday we probably won't receive them next week.  Thank you everyone for your prayers, we appreciated all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment