Thursday, March 24, 2011

4 Months Ago

Fours months ago at this time I was laying on the operating table at Baptist Hospital for my 3rd c-section.  For the first time we hadn't found out the sex of our baby before delivery and when Dr. Caccam told us at 10:02 that we had another boy, I was shocked and happy at the same time.  What are the chances of another boy?  I guess pretty good for us.  Braxton Luke weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 21 inches long.  Now he is over 13 lbs, not sure of the exact weight because he doesn't go for his 4 month well visit until tomorrow. 

The last 4 months have been wonderful and bitter sweet at the same time.  He is our last child so I am trying to soak in all those moments I will never again experience.  I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about it.  Is this how all mothers feel when they are done having babies?  Or am I just overly emotional?  To me it feels like a whole chapter in my life is over and another is beginning.  I don't even want to think about how I will feel 18 years from now when all my boys are graduated from high school.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading more! I think Kate is our last and I do hold on to the little things and get sad when she gets bigger and bigger!

    ReplyDelete